ALASKA BOAT NUMBER LAWS
Displaying the Registration Number and Validation Decals
The registration number and validation decals must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the forward half of the vessel.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high BLOCK letters.
- Number’s color must contrast with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen: AK 3717 ZW or AK-3717-ZW.
- No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
- Decal must be placed within six inches of the number on both sides of the vessel.
PWCs also are required to display the registration number and validation decals.